Branding and Advertising – how to apply your brand in an ad campaign while still being unique. A strong bran...Read More
Social Media Marketing – Platforms to Popularize Your Brand
What are the goals and objectives of social media marketing? These popular online communities share intention with many other types of public relations and advertising for a wide variety of businesses.
Have you thought about your social marketing goals? You’ve heard (and for good reason) about the benefits of applying the SMART approach to marketing strategy and execution. Applicable to any marketing channel, project and program, SMART goal setting is often overlooked concerning social media activities.
Are your social marketing goals:
SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE, ACHIEVABLE, REALISTIC and TIME-BOUND?
If not, stop and reassess. Then, reboot, starting with defining your objectives.
Here are a few examples of strong, deliberate objectives for your social media marketing:
- Generate more word of mouth
- Increase product/service or brand awareness
- Increase customer loyalty to brand or product
- Improve/enlarge your public relations
- Reduce customer support cost
- Cultivate your brand ambassadors
- Out-social your competitors
Of course, social media platforms alone do not boost your brand. You must integrate your website landing pages and blog posts for the greatest impact.
Make Your Blog Popular with Social Media
Let’s face it, one of the toughest goals of running a blog is getting people to read it. For social media marketing, keywords aren’t enough anymore. Search engine optimization (SEO) now requires more steps and more integration. Here are 3 ways for your blog to be more popular, including working with social networks.
- Make it easy for readers to share your posts by adding all social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Google+) buttons to everything you write.
- Change the permalink structure to have the blog topic in the link, thus making it easier to find.
- Add RSS feed subscription button so readers can sign up for more.
Do you know what’s even more popular than text-based blog posts these days? Video! When people would rather watch a video than read a whitepaper, it’s time to put a video into your marketing mix. 64% of consumers said they were more likely to purchase a product online after watching a video on it, whether on social media or your own website. Here are 3 steps for a successful video campaign:
- Turn it into a series. Create a relationship with the viewer and keep them waiting for every new video.
- Know your marketing segment. Be sure to make new and existing customers alike feel welcome.
- Execute professionally. These videos are a reflection of your company. The better they are produced, the better your brand will show itself.
These are just a few tips to get you started with effective marketing on a social media platform you may not have considered before. Visit our page on Social Media Marketing to learn more on how Aggro Creative can build a program specific to your brand.
Buy more local. You don’t have to eat locally grown fruits and vegetables to know that supporting your local...Read More